Time and time again, I hear “I can’t wait for the weekend!” or “Is it Friday yet?” Does that sound familiar? Do you just live for your weekends? I admit I love my weekends too but life is too short to wait for two days out of the week to have a life. I have compiled this list of 5 ways you can learn to enjoy your week until the weekend gets here.
1. Stop Speaking Negative Words. – “Death and life are in the power of the tongue…” Proverbs 18:21
Words are powerful and if you start off the week with how much you hate Mondays, why should you expect to have a good Monday or a great work week for that matter. Listen to your words and replace negative words with positive ones.
2. Embrace an Attitude of Gratitude – “When I wake up each morning, I praise the Lord for the gift of being alive.” – Lailah Gifty Akita
Every day commit to being thankful for at least one thing. Yes you can always have more but then again you can always have less so be grateful today for what you do have rather than what you don’t have.
3. Schedule Something Fun to Do this Week – “My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive; and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style.” – Maya Angelou
You don’t need to wait until the weekend to do something fun. Think of something fun to do this work week that will energize you and make you happy. For you that may be a pedicure or reading a good book. What ever it is, plan to do it this week and have fun.
4. Be Active – “The reason I exercise is for the quality of life I enjoy.” – Kenneth H. Cooper
Exercising improves the quality of life and your mind. You will reduce your stress, feel good about yourself, sleep better and lift your mood. Try going for a walk with some friends after work or taking a dance class. The goal here is to be active.
5. Spend Time With Others – “I am an example of what is possible when girls from the very beginning of their lives are loved and nurtured by people around them. I was surrounded by extraordinary women in my life who taught me about quiet strength and dignity.” – Michelle Obama
Book a mid week date with your significant other, join a coworker for coffee or spend time at the park with your children. The time we spend with others is precious and we should enjoy time with them. You never know how much quality time impacts you and others. Practice being present in these moments which may mean turning your cell phone off or removing other forms of distractions.
Try these tips this week and if you have incorporated these or want to add to this list, please share them with me! Happy Monday and have a great week!
Melsha Nicole Photography 2018 | All Rights Reserved.