MY ONE WORD FOR 2018 IS “FOCUS”
A few years ago, I was listening to a radio broadcast and the announcer encouraged the listeners to select one word to help them accomplish their goals throughout the year. Some examples of what people selected were hope, faith, love, forgiveness, etc. This one word was supposed to help you stay on track all year long and give you a sense of purpose when distractions arose. A few years ago, my one word was “INTENTIONAL”. I wanted to be intentional with my time and in my decisions and to stop saying yes to everything.
This year my word will be “FOCUS”. Last year, I felt I was all over the place even though I accomplished many things such as planning a wedding and getting married, traveling to South Africa, working with a career coach, booking a large corporate customer for a company event and speaking on a panel. However, I had other professional and personal goals that remained a dream because I didn’t have time to spend working on it in 2017. However, 2018 is about setting the groundwork to make dreams come true or at least putting them on a course to succeed in the future.
In the next couple of days, I want to be prayerful about the strategic objectives and goals in my life and identify where I should spend my time. These strategic objectives and goals are subject to change this year and I’m open to letting God stretch me so that I can grow. I will update the strategic direction and goals accordingly throughout the year.
Strategic Objective: To double my business financially in 2018 by acquiring new customers and strengthening relationships with current customers. I also want to develop and implement a promotional plan to increase awareness of the brand and drive new business.
Goals for the first quarter of 2018:
- Post at least one new blog a week about photography which could be about new clients, accomplishments, travel pictures, interesting things in photography, things I have learned about photography, etc.
- Post on Social Media at least 3 times a week about photography jobs or interesting photos:
- Instagram: www.instagram.com/melshanicolephotography
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/melshanicolephotography
- Send emails to introduce promotions such as holiday specials, Valentine’s Day specials, birthday month discounts, etc.
Please join my 2018 journey. I’m excited to share and would love to hear from you about your objectives and goals.
Enjoy 2018! I hope you are encouraged to turn your dreams into reality.
Peace, love and blessings,
Melsha Nicole Key